Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

everything free...except the ingredients...

Because of some health issues, that women have, Bobbi is trying an eating plan that is gluten, sugar, preservative, dairy and egg free. I admire her for this. I sincerely hope she begins to feel better as a result of being careful. Anyway...baked goods being such a wonderful part of fall, she is missing a pumpkin bread, muffin or anything like that. She mentioned it and I thought I would give it a try. Well first I had to go stand in the organic, gluten free, sugar free, egg free, dairy free aisle and try to make sense of things like fava flour and all that. But after much label reading and recipe searching I found one that is all free. I made them yesterday for her and I think they were a success. Of course, being me, I couldn't just follow that recipe to the letter I had to say to myself, "These would be better with this and that" all the while making sure I wasn't adding any restricted stuff. All that to say it is not an easy path to eat on when one is used to just eating an egg, or throwing milk and wheat flour or sugar into something. She has my admiration.

13 comments:

  1. not sure if you already know this but i use Chia as a super easy egg replacer. you can use flax, but chia has a decent and almost non-existant flavor. plus it has other health benefits ... i can eat eggs, so i use the chia to "bind" together the ingredients and eliminate any gums. The vegan cookbook i gave Bobbi a link to on facebook has some recipes that really work ... shockingly. every time i use the book i'm muttering to myself ... how will this work ... she uses cup measurements tho, i don't recommend that with GF cooking. by weight (140g = 1 cup) unless it's a nut flour or sugar or something course.

    hope it helps her!

    http://andreadrugay.wordpress.com/2012/04/01/how-to-make-chia-egg-replacer/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gluten Free Girl has the most amazing blog. So many good recipes, tips, etc on there. Maybe that would be a good resource. I didn't realize Bobbi was doing egg/dairy free, too. Erin would probably be full of good info, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to eat "free" for a long time when I was breastfeeding Mason. I found some really good recipes, let me know if you are looking for anything specific. I had really good luck with the health food section at HyVee or Red Clover/Open Harvest.

    ReplyDelete

  4. If you’ve been through a breakup recently--

    Or if your man seems to be drifting further away each day...

    Then it’s time to pull out all the stops.

    Because 99% of the time, there is only 1 thing your man can hear that will change his mind and heart.

    Here’s how: ==> Your Ex Won’t Be Able To Resist ]

    And once you say this to him, or even send this simple phrase in a text message...

    It will flip his world upside down and you will suddenly find him chasing you...

    And even begging to be with you.

    Here’s what I’m talking about:

    Here’s how: ==> Why He Won’t Be Able To Live Without You ]

    [SIGN OFF]

    ReplyDelete