Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

The Heart - An Unexpected Journey {Part 6} and Beyond

On Tuesday, December 17 Jon and Alicia came out and visited. It was such a fun time with Navy and Satchel. 
On Wednesday, December 18, Bryan had and appointment with Dr. Oakes {yes I have misspelled that in the past posts. My apologies to him.} Once again I was reminded of what a sweet and caring man he is. He gave Bryan a clean "2 weeks out" review. He said that in about 4 more weeks Bryan can "climb Mt. Everest if he wants to." He also said "when I operate on someone of your strength and muscle mass I use double wires to secure their sternum." There by giving Superman yet another confirmation of his strength.
I made some cookies to give to the Dr. and staff there. A small thanks for peace of mind.
The 19th I celebrated turning 55. I did make my own cookies, but as I told Bryan, I had the pleasure of getting to make them and getting to eat one.
The girls all came out for supper and we had such a good time just being together and talking. I am so grateful for such wonderful girls. They are a treasure.
It had been a very quiet 2 weeks at home just helping Bryan get some strength back. On Monday, December 23 I was back to taking care of the kids and I was looking forward to seeing them. We had a little Christmas of our own.

We ate cookies, drank hot chocolate and played with Legos most of the day.
Thursday, December 24 Bobbi was on Worship for the Christmas Eve Services. Ashley, Jayme and I went to the 2 o'clock service then came home to hang out with Bryan and cook some food.
We also watched the 4 o'clock service online. It was a service worth seeing twice! That has been so great for Bryan to be able to "attend" even though he has to be home. lf you are interested in watching a service they run Saturday nights at 7 p.m. central time and Sundays 9:00 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. central time. The link is on our website. lincolnberean.org (I realize a lot of you know this but some don't) Jayme tried to relax by the fire but Mae wanted to cuddle.
Bobbi and Travis came out after she was done and we had a lot of food and just had fun sitting around talking and watching Jax (their dog) 
The girls spent the night and we woke up Christmas Day and opened our stockings.
Mae and Oliver weren't too interested in theirs.
I took Bobbi in to go spend some time with Travis and his family, picked up Ferne to come out to spend time with us. While we waited Ashley and I did the chores.
Bryan drank tea out of his new Superman mug.
Then about noon Bobbi and Travis came back out and we had such a wonderful time together. Ferne and Travis opened their stockings.
We ate a late lunch and opened presents. Such a fun day together.
They all entertained themselves with a dart gun set that I had gotten Bryan to play with while he healed.

The dogs all thought they needed to be on the loveseat with me.
Thursday, December 26 I was back with the kids and Bryan was home. 
Friday, December 27 our friends, Tom and Carmen Christie came out to visit. They have moved to Iowa and it was so good to see them. Tom brought Bryan one of his miniature duck carvings. It is absolutely amazing. Tom is a 5 time World Champion Duck Carver. 
The ducks are maybe 2 & 1/2 inches by 1 & 1/2 inches. The entire sculpture is 7 by 4 and 1/2 inches. So detailed and engineered so that the ducks appear to actually be flying.  He balanced them all on one wing of one duck on the base. The shadows are painted. The whole thing is just so amazing. Easy to see why he is a world champion.
Saturday, December 28 Bryan wanted to just get out of the house so we ran a few errands in town. Then I was possessed with a fit of cleaning setting the house to normal so I took the tree down and put things back where they belong.
Sunday, December 29 Ashley turned 29. 
Those 29 years have gone so fast. 
Her Golden Birthday. She had a little party at her house and Bryan and I went for a bit. I made food for the party and a gaudy golden cookie bouquet for her.
Monday, December 30 I was back with the kids in town and Bryan was home.
I was taking care of some super little heros!!
 Which brings us to today, the final day of this very interesting and at times painful year. We are so grateful for our family and friends. For all the prayers offered up on our behalf. Grateful that we have three wonderful, loving and caring daughters. 
As I look to 2014 I find myself looking forward and being grateful that I don't face the future with fear but with hope and faith and trust that God has my best interest at heart.
Happy New Year to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment