Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Out of desperation comes ideas...

Since Bryan is on his sabbatical there are various people filling in at church. The series that they are doing is "Jesus" Part of it is the fact that there are myths out there that people believe as truth. One thing that I do at church is stage set. The idea I had for this one was two large paintings (I'm thinking 4'x8) So the guys said they would prep the stuff and and have it on stage. This was 4 weeks ago. So I walked on stage to do the first painting which was to be a fancy "Myth". It had been a hard day and I was tired and when I walked on the stage and saw what they had prepped for me, I just burst out crying. Then I thought "I just need to make this work" So I set to work recreating the design I had done for a 4x8 which was now an 8'x12'! I had to get a ladder and scaffold to even paint the thing. Well, 4 weeks later and the set is done. It was a progressive painting. Week 1 was "Myth" with the other one being just black. Week 2 - was shading on Myth and a spatter of stars on Truth (before which I taped off the word truth) Then Week 3- I messed myth up and made the beginning of a sunrise for truth. Week 4 - this week - I painted a sun rising and peeled off the letters. Whew. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment