Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

When one cleaning project leads to another..

Yesterday I decided to paint the front door which lead to painting the laundry room door. Tomorrow I need to paint the white trim around it.
Then I ripped down the window treatments in the family room (13 years was long enough, too long actually.) and put up shelves over the windows. Much better!
Today I woke up and decided to move a table off the deck. In doing that I realized it needed a few places fixed so I cut some boards and fixed it. It is actually an old table that I built to put a sink in for a fountain. Used it for a few years and the pump went out. Now it will be a dry sink for kids to play with down by my sandbox that we are going to build under the deck stairs. I'm pretty excited about having a sandbox.
 After doing that I decided to remove the chicken wire that I put on the deck to keep Oliver from falling off when he was a little smaller and unsure of the deck. So I removed that and thought I'd power wash the deck but in the process of going to get the power washer I went on the front porch and realized it always looks like a haunted house (full of spider webs) so I power washed it instead.

Shades of Martha Stewart...
 As I was finishing and washing the sidewalk I thought I should tackle the garage floor. Let me just say I could have planted a small garden in there. So 5 tanks of gas and 4 hours later it was done.
I also put RoundUp on a patch of musk thistles that were taking over the area where I want to put a flower garden. Sorry, all you non-chemical people, ignore that last sentence. 
It's amazing what I will do to avoid cleaning the fridge...

1 comment:

  1. "It's amazing what I will do to avoid cleaning the fridge..." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Also to avoid baking a pie, apparently.

    ReplyDelete