Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Behind in everything..

Especially in my posting of blogs.
Where to start?
Probably where I left off would be a good idea...
That brings us to Esprit which tends to consume a lot of my time from April through half of July. We are coming down to the wire now. Only 2 more weeks of rehearsals then we leave on tour.
Bless Bryan's heart he is always willing to be the laborer in my grand ideas. I had read on the internet that the best weed blocker was three layers of wet newspaper. Well, of course the day that we chose to do this the wind was blowing quite nicely...Bryan had a huge roll of newsprint so he started rolling it out and I was in charge of spraying it too get it wet.
In my head all I can think is "He will not be too happy with me and my Pinterest ideas if there are weeds coming up next week..." So because the plot he dug for my desired flower garden is 320 square feet it took most of the roll of newsprint to get it covered.
He is a patient man.
But two truckloads of mulch and one injured toe later (me, I jumped out of the truck right onto a rake tine...) we had this.
I needed something to fill this up the 12 plants I bought won't cut it. So knowing that we were heading to Walnut for our annual Father's Day Antique weekend I planned to try to find objects to put in it.
But first I planted some stuff in the box that sits in front of the tree, spent a week with just Boden at home because Amiah and Hudson went to Camp Sonshine for the week.
They loved it! Boden loved his time alone because he got to come out here and have the toys and little tractor all to himself. He also discovered my sprayer that had never been used and spent 4 hours spraying everything in sight.
Saw this little gal twice in two nights on my drive home. She just posed there for me.
Then it was Father's Day Weekend. Pouring rain and time to go to Walnut, IA. Bob and Celia Rice met us there and we hung out for the day on Friday. Ashley and Jayme came down on Friday night and then we walked around with them on Saturday.
We found some things...



We didn't buy the phone...
I found things for my garden. An old rusty bike with a basket and a wrought iron crib.
I plan to make a box for the "mattress" in the crib and plant flowers in that and try to get a vine to grow up the back side. I don't have a picture of the crib yet.
I made 50 cookies for Jill and Jake's wedding rehearsal dinner. 
We went to Amiah's softball game. They won. She did great.
The kids spent the night again and pretty much swam, drove and played in the sandbox. 

and ate frozen treats that we made.
Then it was time for Jill and Jake's weekend. This is at the rehearsal dinner.
Ashley, Jayme, Bobbi, Lindsey Adams and Nikki Smith at the wedding Saturday, June 22.
Jill is Ashley's best friend and like one of our family. The wedding was at her parents farm out here and it was just beautiful.
On Sunday when I came home from Esprit this is what I saw out my car window as I drove up to the house. Every Sunday.
But I was also greeted by this. Everything is just bursting with color with all the rain we are getting. I will not complain.
On Saturday, Bryan, Ashley and Bobbi leave to head to Hume Lake Christian Camp. Bryan is speaking for a week there in their Hume Preaching Series. Unfortunately it is at the same time as I am heavily involved in rehearsals that week and going on tour the next. Jayme is going on tour with me. The week after Hume Lake he is at a conference in California. I am sure it will be a great time. 
Which brings us to today and how I should be doing dishes and cleaning this house...but here I sit catching up the blog. Ok, I'm done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment