Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

It's July already!

Got a notice from the state that we had thistles in the development so the night before he left for California Bryan had to go out and pull thistles. You see my part, documenting the event...such a helper. (I did offer to put on gloves and help and he said "No, just ride along and keep me company.) Hopefully the state weed control is happy. He and the girls left our house at 3 a.m. on Saturday to catch their very early flight out of Omaha. 
Lately I have been gathering 5-6 eggs a day from my 4 hens. They are very generous.
Ashley sent me a picture of the three of them at Hume Lake. They are having a great time.
The boys spent the night on Tuesday night because their sister had a ballgame, their dad was helping with it and their mom was at work. We went out to dinner. Then we roasted marshmallows.
He was content just eating a cracker until he noticed Hudson had marshmallow and chocolate on his...then he said "PatPat, moshmo, moshmo..."repeated many times until I got one toasted for him.
Hudson makes faces in pictures like Bobbi does. They could be related.
Last night we had very long rehearsal. 6-10:30 p.m. but the kids worked hard and we got some stuff ironed out. Friday is our dress rehearsal. Sunday we have a concert in Firth at the Reformed Church. Tuesday we leave on tour. Our first stop is Camp High Hopes in Sioux City, IA. Then Wednesday night we are at Christ Lutheran Church, St. Paul, MN. Thursday morning we sing at an amusement part, Valleyfair, then spend the day there enjoying the amusements and the waterpark. Friday we sing at Union Gospel Mission, St. Paul, MN for their evening chapel. Saturday we are in Beatrice, NE at Christ Community Church and then Sunday morning we sing in their services, at 11:00 we sing at Beatrice State Developmental Center (BSDC; I had to look up what that stood for because I alway just hear it called by the initials.) Then we head back to Lincoln Berean Church to give our final concert on Sunday night the 14th. I'm sure you will see pictures and hear about the places we go.
During rehearsal it sounded like we were in a war zone. So many fireworks going off and a neighborhood right by the church had a HUGE fireworks display. It ended just as I was walking to my car.
Today Jayme and I are taking a road trip to Fairbury, NE to a huge flea market/antique fair that they have in their park. I am looking forward to spending the day with her. We both need to just have a fun relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment