Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

July Happenings

On the Fourth of July Fairbury, NE has a huge flea market/antique fair in their park. Bryan and I went out there to see what we could see. I ended up getting a butter churn. I have always looked at them and decided against them. But this one was in perfect condition (I can use it) and it was a steal so...I will make butter.
When I went to feed and water the chickens I found this little nest of eggs on the drive by their house.
I think it is a wren's nest.
Jayme sent me a few pictures of their little fireworks fun.
July 5:
Poppy and Jayme came out to visit with me for the day. She clomped around in my cowboy boots. 
We had our first area concert at Living Life Reformed Church in Firth. It went really well.
July 6:
My table full of all I need to take on Esprit. Ready to head out. A day of "rest". Bryan was still working on shed stuff and I helped him with that some.
July 7:
We had our first tour concert in Beatrice. First we went to Beatrice State Developmental Center and sang for the residents there. The Christ Community Church is just across the road so we packed up and went over there to set up for the evening. Always a big, fun concert there.
July 8:
We sang in Cambridge, NE at the high school there. 
I found that we had been in the paper the week before. I love small Nebraska towns. 
July 9:
We headed to Bailey, CO to camp IdRaHaJe. Always a favorite stop along our tour route. 
One of the kids decided he needed to take a picture of me being a superhero...
We were supposed to sing out under a large tent but they had so much rain the week before and it was forcast for that night that they moved us indoors and we sang two concerts so all the campers (600) could attend. It was so crowded that I had to sit outside a back door with the props for out skits. While out there I snapped this picture of the scenery.
The sky cleared for a few moments and it was just beautiful. Then while the kids were singing "Because He Lives" I heard movement behind me and this doe was listening very intently to the singing and walking toward me and the open door. She didn't even notice me until I moved to take her picture she was so intent on the music. 
July 10:
We went in to Westminister, CO and sang at a park there. Living Hope Church, An innercity church there, provided a bbq for any and all who wanted to attend. There were homeless people and children, business people, low income, all walks of life wandered in to the park to hear the concert. 

During a dramatic reading one of the girls had a line that said "Who cuts a channel for the torrents of rain, or a path for the thunderstorm?" and right as she said "thunderstorm" there was a huge crack of thunder and then nothing else until the concert was over and it started to rain. We could not have scriped that! The sky was amazing as the kids were singing.
July 11: 
My dad's birthday. I am always on Esprit for that.
We were in Ogallala, NE at a park there. But we had time to kill so we took the kids out to Lake McConhaughy for a little rest and relaxation.
A little hot and tired but they did a great job singing for the people who came.
July 12: 
How could I forget this! When I got back to my room on Saturday night I saw Jenny had put a picture up on Instagram of her in Ogallala. So I sent her a text because I was in Ogallala. Turns out we were in motels across the road from each other. So she came over to my hotel at 5:30 a.m. and we had coffee together. She headed on her way to Montana and I headed to Lincoln. It was fun and funny. 
We headed back to Lincoln, NE and our home concert. Always such a fun time of homecoming. The kids gave me a box of Honey Nut Cheerios because they said I am sweet and a little bit nutty. High praise from teenagers.
One of the boys on tour tore his belt loop and came on my bus and asked me to please fix it for him as they were his only concert shorts. So...I had colored thread and did a little bit a embroidry on them. 






No comments:

Post a Comment