Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

I just un-decorated...

and I haven't even written about the reason for the decorating. So here goes...
Christmas Eve - We all went to the 3:30 service at church. Of course Bryan had to be at the 5:30 one also so we went home and prepared some delicious food for the evening. We make all sorts of appetizers and watch "Muppet's Christmas Carol". 
It's tradition.
 Here we are..all the girls that Bryan has to live with. This was as normal as I could get Bobbi and Jayme to be, they were up to their usual face making in photos. Actually, they look quite good!
And p.s. - WHY do I always look like an Amazon when standing in a photo with my girls? 
 Ha Ha, Bryan's face! 
Jayme is telling me "No, eating photos."
Good night, go to bed, wake up...it's Christmas morning!
Because it was also a Saturday, Bryan had to prepare for church that evening so we had already decided to put off opening our presents until Sunday afternoon. But we did open our stockings and have our traditional Christmas breakfast of cinnamon rolls and eggs and bacon. And lots of coffee.
 Ashley warned us she would be taking lots of pictures.
 Yes, we wrap all the stuff we put in the stockings. 
I always have, it just makes it last longer.
 The man!
 Oh, hello.
I am totally into Legos and as Jayme shares this love with me and a love of Harry Potter, I put a little Harry Potter Lego set in her stocking.
We had invited Dad and Mom out for lunch as well as Ferne. Also Lindsey and Jill, friends of the girls, who had no Christmas plans. We ate soup and rolls.
 Lindsey loves cats, notice the creepy cat blanket on her lap...so I gave her a little (tiny!) cat puzzle. She and Jayme got right to putting it together.
The girls played a game of Quelf. Literally, one of the funniest games I have ever played.
We hung out and watched "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince". It was a really nice day.
Good night, go to bed, wake up...it's Sunday.
Off we went to church.
We came home ate a simple lunch and Bryan rested for awhile. Then we opened our presents.
 Bryan, opening his Keurig coffee maker for his office from the girls.
 Bobbi made Ashley a book with lots of notes and pictures from her friends and family. It caused some tears for all of us.
We used my new multi colored Fiesta dishes for our Christmas supper. Yum.
 Jayme being thrilled to get a new Ipod that can hold all the songs in the world...
 Ashley thrilled that she finally got a "poloroid" camera (really a Fujifilm Instax). We decided it looked like a "Who" camera. 
Bobbi in her new chair. 
We had a wonderful weekend of Christmas celebrating.
Last night we had our Clark family Christmas with Bruce and Cheryl, their kids and Grandma Ferne. Everyone came out here for supper and we had a good time laughing and talking. Bobbi had to be at a wedding rehearsal so she couldn't join us. We missed her. Then the Husker game was on...Congrats to the Huskies not the Huskers...and here we are at this morning un-decorating the house. I admit I shed a few tears while putting Ashley's ornaments in her box. 12 days will pass quickly. I wish everyone of you a very wonderful and peaceful new year.

1 comment:

  1. Fiesta dishes! I have them too. They make me happy every time I open the cupboard. Mix and match...even loading the dishwasher is fun.

    ReplyDelete