Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

A month has gone by!

Time to catch up. Seems like since Bryan's surgery that's what we've been doing, catching up and getting back to normal. This week the Doctors were encouraged and happy to take him off the rhythm meds and the cholesterol meds. All he has left is blood thinner and blood pressure meds. The blood thinner will probably go late June. So things there look really good. 
Several weekends ago, Bobbi and Travis decided to come out on a Sunday evening and clean my carpets! They are so sweet. We cleared out the rooms and they got to work.
Jayme held down the loveseat for me. 
Look at all that stuff out of my family room! Gave me a chance to rearrange the room and move some stuff to other places. You notice I didn't say get rid of any of it. Travis says my house is awesome for the person with ADD becuase there is so much to look at. hahaha I love it. He also says it's like being in an antique store. That isn't too far off...
Then while the carpet dried we watched an episode of "Finding Bigfoot". The show that currently makes me laugh the hardest! My thanks to Bobbi and Travis for very clean carpets!! 
This past weekend Bryan, Ashley, Jayme and I went to Chicago. Originally it was supposed to just be Bryan and Jayme going to the hockey game at Soldier Field. Then Ashley wanted to go and they all got tickets to "Phantom of the Opera" then it turned out I could join them so we checked with Bobbi but she couldn't go. It was a fun time. VERY cold but fun. Bryan and Jayme bundled up in lots of layers and had an awesome time at a very snowy hockey game. A very gracious couple from Chicago, whose parents attend our church, got them the tickets and took them to the game.
On Friday we went to the Field Museum. 
These two love their dinosaurs!
These two ARE dinosaurs...
Down in the lower level they have it set up so it is like you are the size of an ant and you are walking underground. It is pretty cool.
We ate supper at the Grand Lux Cafe. AMAZING table overlooking Michigan Ave. Also the food there is so good. We got dessert to go so that when they came back from "Phantom" we could have dessert in the hotel room.
Amazing red velvet cake. 
Saturday we went to Shedd Aquarium for the morning.
That was a fun time but a lot more crowded than the Museum! Mainly because it was Saturday, close the Soldier Field and freezing cold out. 
Bryan and Jayme bundled up later that afternoon and headed to the game. Ashley and I braved the snow and cold and walked to Crate and Barrel. Then we just decided to was better to find a place to sit and chat and be warm so we did that at Weber Grill. It was a lovely time. Bryan and Jayme had a great time at the game. 
Sunday was time to head home and the temperature was all of 3 degrees and it had snowed a lot of the night. But we made it home without incident (closest thing to an incident was trying to find a rest stop for me... To much information? sorry)
Monday back to life and work and stuff. Bryan and I went down to Beatrice and went to Blue Rose Antiques. The man who owns it has become a friend. I found an amazing quilt in the back of the store with no price on it and when I asked he said "for you, does $35.00 sound ok?" UMMM yes!!
I did some repairs on the binding where it was coming loose, gently washed it and put in on one of the twin beds. It is all hand stitched. I remember having a "Grandmother's Flower Garden" quilt on my bed when I was young and I just love that style so I was pretty excited to find this. 
Yesterday, Boden wanted me to play super heros with him so I had to be "Hulk" since I had on "een shirt" (green shirt) He of course was Captain America.
Today I went out to do chores and this egg was in with the others! I think it is a dinosaur egg!
Poor Chicken that laid that...
 I obsessively check the weather to see if it is going to warm up soon and it looks like tomorrow and Monday! Strangely, when the weather was below freezing all last week our pond melted! I told Bryan the pond is sick of winter also and just taking matters into its own hand. The amazing part of that is that the ice was 10" thick one day and melted the next, in freezing weather!! how? I don't hate it though. 
And on that note I will end. 

1 comment:

  1. What fun adventures! Thanks for sharing!
    Love and Prayers

    ReplyDelete