Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2015

September and apparently it is Poppy month!

It stayed so warm in September that we kept the pool open until late into the month. Not that I minded but it did seem weird. September actaully had more hot (over 90 degrees) days than August I think.
Labor Day and everyone came out here to eat and hang out. Ashley and Poppy decided to make butter. Poppy had injured her arm and so to keep it stable they put a cast on it. She was a trooper about that.
The butter was delicious.
She wanted to help shuck corn for supper. 
I put the ingredients for a little cake in a bowl for her and she had so much fun stirring up a cake. Then we put it in the oven to bake. After it baked she put the icing on and LOTS of sprinkles. Like almost a whole bottle.
She was so excited about the cake that she could hardly stand still for Ashley to take a picture.
Then since I was going to have her all the next day we decided she could just spend the night. For the first time since she has entered our lives she decided to talk to Bryan. She had called him "Youd (loud) Grandpa" because he was always using power tools everytime she saw him over at Ashley's with Jayme. I had to take a picture because she was putting bracelets on his hand.
The next morning we had a breakfast picinc. Oatmeal on the deck. 
We had a fun day just hanging out here at the house. She fed the chickens.
Then I was making notes for a cookie class I was going to teach and she wanted to "make notes too! I need a notebook."
I let her drive the EZ-GO around the pasture...she loved it! She is on my lap, people!! I am careful.
Then she crashed. As in took a much needed nap not crashed the EZ-GO.
Then we met Jayme at the house and went to the mall to see her dad and she got to ride the carousel with Jayme.
September 10 - Sometimes Boden just climbs in my lap and wants me to hold him. I do cherish those moments
September 12 - .We do have some of the most spectacular sunrises and sunsets out here. 
September 13 was such a perfect evening that Bryan and I decided to make Doughboys down at the fire for supper. Yes for supper. It was wonderful!
September 15 another day to hang out with Poppy. 
On Saturday, September 19 Ashley and I went to the Applejack Festival in Nebraska City. May I just say it was WAY too crowded for us and the flea market that everyone talked about was just bad, bad crafts and it took us an hour to go a 1/4 of a mile. We enjoyed each other's company but we probably won't do that again...
Monday, September 21 - Cookie Class - 10 lovely young women came out here and I showed them how to decorate a few simple cookie shapes. Mainly we did a pumpkin and then I let them just play with icing and some other cookies that were cut out for them.
I had made them each an apron so they posed for the apron picture.
It was a fun evening.
September 22 Another Poppy day. 
I had found this book at a garage sale and she thought it was hilarious that it had her name on it. She thinks it is about her. So maybe it is...
I also said "Can I get that curl out of your face for the picture?" and she said "NO I like my crazy hair!"
Then we went to lunch at the Arbys by her house. She said "I am decorating your arm with my stickers to say thank you for my lunch!"
Saturday, September 26 I had a day to myself and decided to just go on a roadtrip down to Brownville, NE to a big fleamarket/antique fair there. It was fun. I just wandered around by myself enjoying the fact that no one needed me at that moment. Did a lot of people watching and looking at fun stuff. I came home refreshed. 
September 28 and I am getting ready for the Pulgogi Festival. Honestly I have been prepping all month but Poppy was out and I had gotten the photo booth set up so she agreed to be my model to test it out. 
So after this she wanted to take pictures of things so I gave her a little old camera and let her have fun with it. 
Jayme and Trey came out to pick her up and stay for supper. Then we took a test ride on the hayrack. 
My picture is a little blurry because it was so bumpy!
And so we come to the end of September. 

No comments:

Post a Comment