Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

I'm no Bakerella...but...

Having read the "Cake Pops" book I was inspired and wanted to try just messing with making some. Bobbi and Jayme were really disappointed that they had to eat cake balls, but that is another issue we can deal with later. 
About these cake balls...I actually DO like them, in small doses.
 Blue in honor of going to "Blue Man Group" tonight.
 Here is my first attempt at creating a cake pop. 
First I dipped them in the peanut butter color/flavor for a skin tone color. 
My dipping leaves something to be desired. 
Jayme and I decided they were old ladies with sagging chins. Realistic.
 Then I used chocolate dip for the hair and pink candy coated sunflower seeds for the rollers and heart candy toppings for the lips and black candy dots for the eyes. 
Not to bad for a first attempt, if I do say so. 
Bobbi thought they were too cute to eat so...
p.s. Bakerella.com is the website of the lady who wrote the book. Her stuff is amazing.
The best part of the evening was,
 having Bobbi and Jayme here for supper and hanging out.
 Bryan and Bobbi went to the Norris Basketball game and Jayme and I created. 

No comments:

Post a Comment