Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

I love books and making things...

The other day I was looking at an art journal that I use and just observing how it was made and on and on like that. Then I thought..."I could make this..." So I found some handmade paper and tore it into smaller pieces and found a small piece of leather and I created a little tiny leather bound journal. Then I thought..."I'll try that with fabric for the cover..." so I did that. Then I had a little piece of yellow leather and made another one. You get the idea. I do like how they turned out. I had seen some like this in a store one time and they were about this big and sold for a generous sum...mine cost maybe $2.00 and some time to make.
 I added my keys in the pictures for some size perspective.
I wanted them to look like old books so I put something in the spine to raise those little ridges.
 Now if I just had gold printing on them...

1 comment: