Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

It's a "make bread" kind of day...

That is what I said in an email to Ashley this morning, only instead of bread I decided to make raised donuts. What? Am I insane? I was home alone all day! Why was I making these? 
Because I never have and I wanted to try. 
No one ever told me that the dough even smells good.
They are square because that is what I wanted to make them. 
No other reason.
Also, no one ever told me (cookbook included) that keeping the oil at a consistent 375 is, hands down, the hardest part of the whole thing.
So there I was with 18 freshly fried and frosted (such alliteration!) donuts, alone with the plate. What to do? I needed help immediately so I called Jill, since it was 3:35 and she was just done with school and only 2 miles away and said "Help, come and eat a donut with me!" She is such a good friend. She came right over for coffee and a donut. 
Hopefully she didn't notice that there were considerably fewer donut holes than there were donuts by the time she got here. But she is a Spanish teacher not a math teacher so maybe she didn't.

1 comment: