Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Well, well, look what works...

Years ago, probably about 8 or 9, Bryan and I went into Firth to eat at a little cafe called "The Creamery" (It has since closed. Sad). The man who owned it made awesome sandwiches and also collected antiques and sold some of them at the cafe. While we were there we noticed an old refrigerator sitting in the corner. I said to Bryan "I would love to have that." So he asked Mark, the owner, if it was for sale. Mark glances over at it and says "Sure, $45." So I wrote out the check, (before he could change his mind) we loaded it into the pick-up and it has sat in the corner of my dining room ever since. I have used it to store extra dishes and glasses that we use, but not all the time. 
Last night we had some friends over for dinner and one of those friends is an antique dealer. He had never been to our house so he was looking around. He sees the fridge and says "Does it work?" I said "I have never had the nerve to plug it in." Horrified look from Dan. Then his eyes lit up and he says "Can I plug it in?" I said "Sure, but (I am terrified of getting shocked for good reasons) you and Bryan can do that, I will just stand over here." Kathy asked if I had the fire extinguisher ready. So Bryan plugged it in and it kicked on and started running. Then Dan had Bryan fill the ice tray that is still in it. This morning I got up and went to check that no small electrical fire had started, looked in the fridge and there, actually to my surprise, was a frozen block of ice in that little freezer area. So it works, very well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment