Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Water, Water, everywhere you're gonna get wet...

Six years before we moved out here our washer and dryer that we had died. No telling how old it was because we got it from Rod's grandma. So we bought a new washer and dryer. We have lived in this house 10 and 1/2 years now. On Saturday there was water all over the laundry room floor while I was doing a load of wash. My very talented husband took apart the machine to see if it was just a hose that needed to be replaced. No, the tub was split. So 16 years later (wow, seriously, that was weird to type because that means when we got that machine Ashley was 10, Bobbi was 7 and Jayme was 4) Hudson and I went to Lowes and picked out a new machine. Bryan came into town picked it up, took it home and installed it. When I told Hudson I needed to pick out a new washer, he looked at me with a horrified expression and said "YOU BWROKE IT? Why you do that? Did you cry?" But he loved looking in all of them (cause he is a washer expert, apparently) and telling me "That nice, you will like it." Not helpful when he says it on all of them. But cute and the sales clerk got a huge kick out of it. So here is what we picked out and Bryan, bless him, installed for me.
 Then I came home to this yesterday after going to town for a hair appointment with Bobbi.
Nope, not the washers fault. MINE. I left all the south facing windows open and a huge thunderstorm came through and there was water everywhere.
Bonus. I got to do a load of towels in my new washer, which plays a little tune when you turn it on, so cheery.
Other bonus, Bobbi hadn't gotten the clothes washed that she wanted to wash on Sunday (broken washer) so I brought them home and got to use it again. Someday it won't be a novelty.

1 comment:

  1. I have that exact washer, except mine has the see-thru lid, in case I get bored and want to watch clothes spin...which I must admit I have done a time or two, just because I CAN. Hudson is right - you will love it!

    ReplyDelete