Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

The Babies are out in the pen...

Big day today - I let the baby chickens out into the cage. They have never been out of the chicken house since I got them. But I closed the little gate so the big chickens couldn't get in with them. 
(I have put chicks in with the big chickens before, with disastrous results.) 
Bella, Alice, Rosalie and D. Biddy weren't too thrilled that I did that.
I took this video of them right after I shut them out. 
It cracked me up how they acted.
 Sorry about the bad parts, that is me not knowing that I was still recording...
Then I went into the house for a second and when I stepped out the back door this is the scene that greeted me. They all were running over to me clucking like crazy. I believe they were saying, "There are baby chicks in our cage. What do we do, how will we eat, where is our water, worry, worry, worry." 

Then they realized that I had a pan of food for them and they calmed down. It's all about the food and water.


And in baby chick news...
I think this is a rooster...so he won't be around too long. 
The reason I say that is because his comb and wattle are much more red than the others already and that usually means a rooster. 
Time will tell but, Sorry, Reddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment