Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

"Heat Index" Art-

I saw this idea on a website.
This isn't the finished product. 
The object is that the crayons will melt down the canvas.
I suppose patience is in order here...but I did have to laugh that the one day I need the heat index to go over 100 it is rather pleasant and breezy at our house.
So I wait. While I waited I cleaned out the sink fountain on the deck and got it going again. I had found this sink in an old farm house that we were junking in several years ago and Bryan said "What are you going to do with that?" and I said "Make a fountain." So I dug around in the shed for some old wood {the legs of the table are the old legs of Bryan's bunk bed when he was young.} Then I put a top on the table and tiled it. Put the sink in and hooked up a heavy duty fountain. It didn't work...hum...so I ran a wire into the faucet and realized that many spiders had built "nests" in there and that took care of the problem. It has sat on the deck for a couple years without running because the dogs would drink all my water out of the big container.  I added the bucket and that makes it so they can't get to the water. 
p.s. The little blue bowl in it is my absolute favorite Crate and Barrel "Addison" bowl that I broke and can't let go of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment