Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2014

A few random things

Suddenly we had a very hot day, no wind (that is the amazing part) and I just had to go lay in the hammock.
Bryan had ordered something and this is how it came...I think I laughed for a whole day at that mess of postage!
Sunday, May 4, Ashley planned a little party out at our house and those are always enjoyable! Love having all those guys out.
Monday, May 5, Travis called and asked to come talk to Bryan and I. He wants to marry Bobbi. But the ring wasn't done yet so I had to keep quiet about it for a week...
My lilacs started blooming. I believe that if I could decorate in a scent, it would be lilac. 
Also that day, I cleaned out the chicken house. Gross job.
I made a passing comment to Bryan about how hard it was to clean out because of the dirt floor and the next thing I know he is in there leveling the dirt, making a surround for the well head, getting concrete mixed up and viola! I have a concrete floor to make life easier. And he added more pavers to the entrance. What a great guy! The ladies weren't too sure at first about the floor.
I planted flowers and helped where I could.
Thought their house could use a few.
Planted a little kitchen herb garden in the pot outside the back door.
On Friday I made some cookies for Bobbi for Mother's Day. (Her dogs are her children) 
Ashley fixed lunch for all of us on Mother's Day. It was a wonderful time at her house, just relaxing and enjoying my family. 
This is Dave Mattingly. Ashley's rescue cat. He is seriously the most amazing blue/grey color I have ever seen on an animal. He's very sweet but a bit needy. When I got there I wasn't paying attention to him, I was just talking to Ashley. All of a sudden he came running at me, leaped up my leg and onto my chest. Scared me a little! So we went into the living room and he got to sit on my lap and get some attention.
Bryan and I had to go downtown to meet with a couple that evening. As we were sitting outside at The Mill, having coffee, the tornado sirens went off. Typical Nebraskans, everyone came outside to see what they could see. It proceeded to become a wild and rainy night. The storms that did damage were north of Lincoln but it poured rain. I took this picture, of the water running by the chicken house, when we got home. We were driving through rain that was coming down so hard you almost couldn't see the road. We call that kind of rain "pond fill". 




No comments:

Post a Comment