Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2014

"Life is made of meetings and partings..."

Wednesday, May 21 Boden and I had spent the day out here so he could play and I could get some stuff done.
He's a great helper.
Travis called right when we were planting these and told me that he had asked Bobbi to marry him! Such a fun call to receive.
Bryan had a very hard day. Although very happy about Travis and Bobbi, he did have the funeral of a 25 year old mother of a small boy. 

So after supper we went out on the boat and did some fishing.
 
It was a beautiful night and a perfect way to unwind.
Thursday was the last day of school for the kids. Boden and I went to Hudson's Kindergarten Field Day. The day started out at 56 and pouring rain! So Hudson dressed for that. By the time noon rolled around it was so hot and muggy. Poor kid! So glad the school year is ended and summer relaxation can begin. 
That evening I had Esprit rehearsal and found out that a dear friend had passed away. Don and Donna Armstrong drove our Esprit buses for 7 years. They were such good friends and to hear that Don had passed away due to cancer was just heartbreaking. They had retired last year and moved to Arizona. When they first began driving for us Don was a rough, tough talking man. They always sat in on all the concerts and over the years Don began to change. They began to attend Christ Community Church in Beatrice and got very involved. At Don's request his memorials are being given to Esprit and the youth group at Christ Community Church. I told Bryan it feels like losing a very special "uncle" because I have spent a week every summer for 7 years with Don and Donna.
He will be missed but I thank God that He allowed me to know and work with Don for all those years. 


No comments:

Post a Comment