Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

For this purpose...

Yesterday, Sunday, was a busy day. First Bryan, Jayme and I went to church. Ashley and Bobbi were getting ready for a friend's wedding. They had gone the night before. Then Bryan, Jayme and I went to lunch, Bryan changed clothes and we headed out to Country Pines so Bryan could do the wedding out there. Immediately after he was done with that we headed back in to church because we had a baptism service that evening. So busy day. But wonderful day.
Several years ago Jayme was a cabin leader at Maranatha Camp. During that week she led a little girl to the Lord. Then a couple weeks ago that little girl, now 15 and a sophomore in high school, called Jayme and asked her if she would baptize her. I can't really explain how proud I was and am of Jayme. It was just so amazing to see that her quiet faith resulted in a person coming to know Christ and then seeing that publicly communicated and Jayme having the honor of a part in that, too. At the exact same time that Jayme was baptizing Bree, I was given the honor of baptizing my friend, Carmen, Bryan had just baptized her husband,Tom. Knowing that we all three were doing this was just a bit overwhelming in a good way. Thanks to Brian V. I have some pictures of Jayme.



It is for this purpose that we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment