Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

New Toy...

Bryan got a plasma cutter. He has been talking about getting one for, oh, just about ever. Because he welds and blacksmiths, it is a natural tool to own. Well, last night we finally had time to go out to the shop and try it out. New brand of fun. Power over a sheet of unbendable metal. For those of you who don't know what a plasma cutter does, it uses air and electricity to cut metal and it can cut it faster than I can cut cardboard with a pair of scissors. Very fun, because, you can cut out any shape you want. Of course I took pictures.
We were both surprised at how small a machine it actually is. 
The first cut.
I really like this picture. 
A little nervous, but I cut out some shapes. I wore the welding apron because, Bryan might be calm when the sparks set his shirt on fire, I am not.
My second try. That little machine can do big things.
 Bryan had rebuilt an old hay wagon so that we could do hayrack rides when people come out. In the process he thought it would be nice to make some sort of corner brackets for the wagon. So we drew some up and cut them out last night. Then he heated them up and bent them. It was too dark to put them on the wagon but, I am sure that is a project that will get done tonight. 
Hayrack wagon pictures coming next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment