Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

14th Annual Pulgogi Festival -

Another year, another successful event.
I believe I will, for the most part, let the pictures tell the story.
This first installment is preparing for the event.
29 eggrolls...
 20 treat bags...
9 lbs. of steak made into Pulgogi...
24 cookies decorated...
18 pumpkins just waiting to be put in the pretend pumpkin patch...
Then the guests arrive...
Me with Boden and Finley
 Bryan, Barry and Fred
 Beckham
 Boden and Chelsey
Then I say "Hey, why don't all of you go on the Hayride?"
{Essential for them to leave for 45 minutes so I can finish cooking}







  Is that who I think it is standing in the Pumpkin Patch?...
It is! Ashley showed up in costume, no less...
 And now a pause in the photos while I tell a little story.
The other day Bryan asked me if I had thought of an innovative way to include Ashley in our Pulgogi Festival. Short of calling her and letting her hear all the noise it just seemed impossible. Then I went in the store room to get the supplies out and TA DA! there was the {I admit...it's a little weird} cut out of her from her graduation party. 
{at that time I worked for Roca Berry Farm making wood cut outs of all sorts of things so I made this to stand at the front door at her party so she didn't have to. Hahahaha} 
I hauled it out to my little pumpkin patch I set up and "included" her in the night.
Sorry, Ashley, if my innovation is just weird. But I thought I was funny.
{Notice I did add your tattoo to the cutout.}







Time to head back to the house with the pumpkins and eat all that food.


 Amiah and Chelsey had to drag Ashley into the house...
 Jill and Jake arrived just as the Hayride got back.
 I was so surprised and happy to see Ashley there!
Ok let's eat.
The kids ate downstairs and watched Garfield's Halloween.
AHHH, peaceful adult conversation upstairs.
Part 2 coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment