Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

I am the Worst Gardener Ever...

I remember all of my mom's fabulous gardens. Straight rows, no weeds, fresh vegetables and my mom out in the sun working away to make it that way. She is a wonderful example of what a gardener should be. I, however, need to work at it.
 I mean seriously...you can't even tell that I have 4 tomato, 1 bell pepper and a cucumber plant out there. I haven't weeded, the plot is huge (because I tilled up that much ground with great plans in mind...and about ripped my right arm out of the socket doing it. Still paying for that roto-tilling adventure...right arm, what right arm...) I forgot that I have purchased some plants and set them on my potting table...
... until they were about dried up. (Why are there chicken nesting boxes on my potting table? I plan to put flowers in them. I will post a picture if that happens before the first frost...) 
 I watered them. They looked a little better that evening. Still lots of weeds around...
 Thank goodness I have a husband who understands my lack of dedication to this little plot and he goes out and gets rid of all the musk thistles. What a great guy.
If you are going to be the worst gardener ever at least you should have colorful tomato cages... 
Happy Mother's Day, Mom. Thanks for being a great example and my mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment