Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The last 20 some days

Let's just say time has flown! The Wednesday after we returned from Durango (it seems so long ago) I helped Hudson's kindergarten class on a field trip to Roca Berry Farm. Goodness it wasn't peaceful. There were about 6 schools there with all kindergarteners. It was crazy. But he had such a good time.
I admit to falling into the car when they got on the bus and being very relieved that I was done chasing all those kids around the farm.
Bryan left that Wednesday morning for a conference in Dallas and got home Thursday night. I went out to the garage on Wednesday night to take the garbage down and this snake fell off the garage door as I was getting the garbage can. It fell right past my head. I screamed then took a picture.
Then he left again on Sunday for Rogue in Colorado. That's a guy thing.  So on that Sunday, the 12th, the kids came out to the house because the next day was a fall break vacation day and we figured we would end up back at my house anyway so they spent the night and saved me a trip. It was a really rainy day so we did inside stuff. Hudson wanted to make and decorate cookies so that is what we did.
Boden was "helping" me and when I turned around once and turned back this is what he was doing. I laughed so hard. He was just eating away on the dough.
They had a great time decorating and eating what they created.
Bryan got home on Wednesday night and his traveling in October was done. 
I was beginning my prep for Pulgogi Festival which was on the calendar for the 25th. I made eggroll filling to put in the freezer.
which required me to make two to test... Freeze the filling and on to cutting up 16 pounds of meat. That took me 4 hours. Put that into the freezer to await marinade. 
I created a scarecrow for my garden.
and cleaned but not a whole lot since we make a huge mess of my house. Which brings us to the festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment