Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

One Hail of a Storm.

You know, I had to do that. 
Yesterday we went to church, I had Esprit and then after that we all went out to eat for Jayme's birthday. We met up at Chedders and it was starting to pour rain. That kept up the whole time we ate. At about 8 p.m. we all headed our seperate ways. Bryan and I were both in town in our own vehicles. So off we went in the pouring rain. As I got outside of Hickman the hail started to really hammer my car. Not huge but there was tons. I just kept driving because I wanted to get home. The hail just got more and more intense but not any bigger. Then as I got to the turning at the dirt road there was no more hail and I just had to stop and take a picture of this view.
But if you look in the middle of the picture you will see there is a swirl of dust right by that farm. OH maybe I should get home. 
One more.
I got home as the rain was starting back up. Just as I pulled into the garage I heard a huge bang like a gun shot on the garage door. The sky opened up and the hail came down for 20 minutes. Hammering our house, barn and everything. The horses didn't like the noise on the metal roof so they were running around the pasture...getting hit by golfball size hail. Good grief.
The white spots on the pond are the hail stones making huge splashes.
This was after 5 minutes. 
I went out during the storm on the front porch and grabbed this before dashing back in.
Then when it was done I went and got these.
The yard was covered with them. Fortunately there was no wind with this storm so the hail was coming almost straight down. 
Today I went out to see how much got damaged.
Front porch down spout.
One of my bird houses.
Mirror on the pickup.
Also the windshield of the pickup. The only vehicle that was outside, thank goodness.
We have a call in to have someone come and look at our roof. OH joy. This morning when I looked at my car I did have some damage to the roof and hood. But it could have been so much worse had I been even 5 seconds slower to drive into the garage. Hail, Nebraska....that song takes on a whole new meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment