Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2015

PRCA Rodeo, Mud, Kids and Junk...

The rodeo was in town the weekend of the 15th so we went with our friends, Chan and Brenda. Our seats were row 2 right by the bucking shoots. They were great seats but we did have several mud slinging incidents. One bucking horse flung a large chunk and it hit Bryan right in the chest. Then twice during the bull riding he got hit and once I got hit in the face with a chunk. But hey, it's a rodeo, what can you expect? 

It was a fun evening.
Sunday the 17th, Travis and some friends came out to fish. Bobbi came out later with some sandwhiches for them. So I said if we went around on the EZ-GO we would be closer to where they were. We started around and it was muddy but we were going ok. Then we got to the side of the pond where they were and it was worse. I said we should turn around so we did and that's when we got royally stuck in the mud. We slogged our muddy selves back to the house, told Bryan, he got the tractor and headed over to where we were stuck. He had us out in seconds. We had some major EZ-GO cleaning to do as well as ourselves. The guys never got their lunch. 

But it was good for a laugh. 
Monday, May 18 I finally got the lawn mowed. It was getting close to needing to be baled. So much rain. 
Also Bryan hung the hammock swing up for me.
Very comfy and relaxing. I'm hoping for some warm days on which to use it.
Tuesday, May 19 Poppy and I got to hang out together. Always a joy! She learned the vacuum wasn't scarey and then she just kept wanting to vacuum. Their basement carpet got really clean.
Wednesday, May 20 Boden and I came out here to hang out. Our last hurrah before the kids got out of school for the summer. I was making a cake for Bobbi and the ladies at the salon and he said, "I better taste that to make sure it's good, then if it isn't you can start over."
Thursday, May 21 The last day of school for Amiah and Hudson. Amiah graduated 5th grade. Poppy came to hang out with Boden and I so we all went to the graduation. They look like little ragamuffins. They were drug from their play outside to this as you can tell they are thrilled...
At one point she wanted Boden to hold her hand so this is how he held it...
Maybe we need to work on that skill. 
I had made them some last day of school cookies. Boden's face! Oh I love these kids!
Saturday, May 23 Bryan didn't have to preach so we spur of the moment decided to go to a flea market in Brownville. Ashley came out and went with us. It was huge! I had no idea it would be that big. 
It was all over the whole town. Ashley and I did some quality people watching. And a lot of laughing. Because we saw some quality art work....

Bryan found an old porch swing that was in great condition and when he asked the lady how much she said "Oh give me $40." SOLD - then about 5 people asked her if they could buy it right after we did. Usually they are in the hundreds.
He hung it up the other night so we sat out there and enjoyed the evening. 
My peonies bloomed and were beautiful. They bloom this color then every day they get progressively lighter until they are completely white then the petals fall off. I should have taken pictures of the color change. 
This golden moved in across the pond from us. Everyday he swims across to visit Oliver and Mae. 
Oli seriously thinks he could take him...I'd hate to burst his bubble. 


No comments:

Post a Comment