Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2015

A Memorial Poppy Day

Jayme and Trey took last week to go on their delayed honeymoon. They headed to LasVegas and sunshine. On Monday, Memorial Day, I got to spend the day with Poppy while her mom worked. So...
we went out to breakfast. She found a Captain America toy in Boden's car seat in my car so she thought he needed to come in with us.
She was determined to put whipped cream on that grape so she worked very hard at it.
Eventually, Captain America was fed the waffle. Our table was a mess but we had fun.
Then we went over to her house to hang out. Bryan was working at Ashley's making a shelf out of a window that looked into her garage. So Poppy and I went over so Poppy could see Dave, Ashley's cat, and Ashley but not "Youd Grandpa" (Loud Grandpa bacause he is always using tools and he's "youd". She will warm up some day. So she chased Dave around the backyard for a long time. 
Get ready...lots of Grandma pictures coming...

You can't see him but Dave is in the wood pile.
Her princess dress up dress was not ideal for climbing on logs but she looked good doing it.

She and Ashley had to investigate Ashley's garden.
She picked some dandilions.
Then we went in and she spelled words on the fridge at Ashley's, That corner of window you see in the top right is the window Bryan took and and made into recessed shelving. I will have to get a picture of it completed. I forgot to get one that day.
She picked out some pink polish and had Ashley do her nails. It was such a fun day with her and Ashley. Poppy's mom came and got her late afternoon. I made some ribs and chicken for supper and Bobbi and Travis came over to Ashley's to eat with us. We played lawn darts. The old school metal dangerous ones. I had found a set at a garage sale and on the box the person had put a sticker and written "DANGER DANGER DANGER" It made me laugh. I had actually forgotten how fun that game is.
As you can see I did not take photos and I should have.
The week seemed to fly by. Friday I mowed the lawn at Jayme and Trey's because this wet weather makes for some fast growing grass. Then I did some clean up and landscape in the front. 
At least the weeds are gone. 
Saturday Bryan and I headed to Omaha to pick Trey and Jayme up at the airport. They sent me this picture when they were on the plane. Crazy kids.
I am in the busyness of Esprit so that takes up a lot of time but always worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment