Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

From my viewpoint...

I always tell Bryan that even if I never really ride them (he does) I think I would keep the horses because they are so peaceful and beautiful. Montana always has to investigate what is going on but he tries to act like he's not that interested. My favorite story about Montana is that when he was about 2 and we still had Eeyore, our miniature donkey, they found an old shoe in the pasture and Eeyore was trotting around with it in his mouth tormenting Montana. Montana tried to take it away and Eeyore ran off. Montana chased him down, easily, and then I watched as he gently knelt down in Eeyore's back and forced him to the ground, laid down on him and took the shoe out of his mouth and ran off with it with Eeyore in hot pursuit. I wish so much that I had video of that. I can still see it so vividly in my mind.
Dakota really isn't interested. :-) Montana is almost 10 and Dakota is almost 16.
This is an old seed planter that would have gone behind a tractor. I converted it to a flower planter. Same name, different function. Sometimes the greatest joy is finding something that you can convert to another use.
My Beauty Bush has bloomed. I was told that the cuttings I took, from the 3 at the Kessler house in town, wouldn't grow out here and I am happily proving that person wrong. These are a bush that is not very commonly found anymore but used to be all over Lincoln. I love that we are able to preserve it by growing some at our place.
What can I say this little car makes me happy. Especially since it still works and our goal is to someday restore it to it's former good looks. For now it sits on the front porch and holds flower pots. These are just a few things a that are a delight for me to look at around the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment