Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

On Cleaning the Fridge and Pumpkin Donuts...

Yesterday I was doing stuff around the house and was making food for 10 people who were coming to dinner and in the process I decided to clean the fridge. Why? Why do I do this sort of thing? But I did. The best part about this whole deal was that Ashley was sitting at the counter drinking coffee and talking with me while I cleaned. So I said "I'm going to freeze these bananas that are in here." Ashley puts them in a freezer bag for me. Then I said "Maybe we should just make banana bread with them." and as I was saying that, and cleaning I found a dish with some pumpkin in it. "Is this your pumpkin?" (I only use pumpkin around Bobbi's birthday and Thanksgiving.) It was hers. We decided to add some pumpkin to the banana bread recipe. Then I was remembering working at Roca Berry Farm years ago and smelling the pumpkin donuts early in the morning and well, the next thing we knew, we were making a batch of pumpkin donut holes and six loaves of pumpkin banana-bread. 
I just considered it a reward for cleaning the fridge. 
The donuts were amazing!
 By the way the color of that dish is going to be the color of my Volkswagon.

2 comments:

  1. How funny! I do the same thing...clean the fridge when I am supposed to be making some huge food item for a crowd. Also, just the other day Erin asked me when we wanted to get together to make donuts!! Must be in the genes. Love you! Raye

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I was telling Ashley about Mom making donuts and seeing them rising on the ironing board.

    ReplyDelete