Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

A Gift from the heart

On Sunday, August 21 I was given 4 jewelry boxes by a family who knows what grief and loss are like. Taylor, her sister Tia and their dad, Galen gave each of us (myself, Bobbi, Ashley and Jayme) a silver necklace with a silver charm on it. The charm is an exact miniature impression of Letti's footprint from her footprints taken at the hospital.The back is engraved with her name. 

The girls, Taylor and Tia, are girls I have met through Esprit. Taylor was 9 years old when she survived the car crash that took her mom's life and the life of her 14 month old brother. We have had some good talks and cries over the years and when Letti died Taylor asked if they could have these made for us. I can't even express how much it means to me. Such a loving, thoughtful gift. She is 4 months old today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment