Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Out and about...

I just went on a bike ride around the section (in case you don't know what a section is, it is a square mile) and before I set off I put the stopwatch on my phone on. The 4 & 1/2 (the half being the lane in from Pella to our house) mile ride took me 29 minutes. It was fun, but I must admit that the entire time all I could think was, "I didn't realize it was UPHILL all the way around the section. How does that work?" It's not really. But that is like windchill factor or heat index. It is what it FEELS like. Perhaps that feeling has something to do with the fact that I haven't ridden a bike in oh...16 years. I think that I could get into this. I mean, I need to do something. Hudson is stronger than me and he is only 3. I am sure that Amiah could out run me in stamina and speed. I have to do something to keep up with them. So ride it is. At least until it gets to cold and snowy. Then I will have to think of something else. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment