Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Thoughts in the Alps...

As I looked out the window at this view I thought "I am so far from home."
Then the tears started. Not because I was homesick but because being in Europe, 8 hours difference from home, feeling like I had no idea what my family was doing or anything and I realized that will probably be how Ashley is feeling soon. And honestly it was very good for me to feel that and remember how important it will be for us here at home to respond quickly to e-mails and Facebook. To keep up and not hold back on sharing what is going on in the day to day. Sometimes it feels like there should be big news to share but really all you want is just to hear about life and feel like you are a part of that. It is so easy to be home and feel like that wouldn't be interesting to them, but believe me, they want to know. In spending time with the Team from Poland and getting to hang out with them, it really came home to me that they are committed to what they are doing but they love to hear from home. That would go in reverse also. Wanting that person who isn't home to know that no matter how dull the day may seem to them, you want to hear from them to feel connected even if it is just on the computer. It is just too easy to get caught up in the day to day and forget that someone may need to hear from you today. Sometimes, in the past, when one of the girls have been away from home, I have held back on sharing what we are doing because I don't want them to feel left out or bad that they didn't get to do this or that with us. WRONG! I realized, while I was gone, how very much I wanted to know what they were doing no matter what, just so I could feel connected.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for those thoughts. I will remember that. Also, LOVE the pictures and commentary from Switzerland. I'm so mad I never went there while I was in Europe. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete