Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Horse sense...Really?

I heard the horses making quite a lot of noise so I went out to see what the problem was. It turned out that Dakota had gotten himself into an area that Bryan had fenced off to protect some trees from the horses destroying them. Ironic, since Dakota was in there trampling them in his panic to get out. So I had to call Bryan, since I had no idea how to get him out of there. How he got in is beyond me. Anyway, Bryan told me to remove the fence from the corral and just let him out so I went out, undid the top wire with no problem, unless you count a 1200 lb. horse pushing on your shoulder in anxiety a problem, then with one problem. The second one was tighter and wouldn't let go yet so I moved to the electric fencing and just had to break that at the connection, then on to the third wire. The third came off no problem, not counting, again, anxious horse, so back to the second one. Well, you know how when something is strung tight and has been curled up in a former life and you release it and it springs back all over the place? Good thing I had my glasses on. That's all I have to say about the second wire. So, wires down, Dakota standing right by me, open space in front of him, does he run free? NO, he stands there leaning like there is still wire in front of him and I have to coax and prod and push and pull and he won't move. Mr. Anxious-to-get-out, can't even figure out that there is no fence in front of him anymore. Finally, Montana runs up to see what is going on and the light bulb came on and off he went. Leaving me to re-attach the fence. Ungrateful horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment