Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Recipe time!

Mainly because I have had so many people ask me what my sugar cookie recipe is I will post it here and let you all in on the deliciousness and fun.
I found this recipe in a magazine, when I was on my almost never ending search for a sugar cookie recipe that held the shape of the cookies you cut out when they were baked. My frustration with going to all the work of cutting out shapes only to have them bake into blobs was getting the better of me. Not only does it hold the shape of the cutter when baked, they are delicious! So...

1 cup softened room temp. butter (Probably needs to be butter. I have never tried with anything else so ...)
1 & 1/2 cups sugar
Cream butter and sugar together really well in a mixer, while it is creaming, melt 6 oz. of white chocolate chips. When melted, mix into butter and sugar and cream well again. Add in 2 large eggs and 2 tsp. vanilla, cream some more. Turn off the mixer, put in 4 cups flour and 1/2 tsp. salt. Mix in but don't over mix. Use this dough immediately, because of the chocolate in it don't put it in the fridge, it gets really hard. It is wonderful to work with though and bonus, there is no wait time. For the cookie pops I roll it out to 1/2" - 3/8" thick on a floured surface, cut the shape out, lift it up, insert the stick and place on ungreased baking tray. Bake these for 14 minutes at 350. Don't pick the hot cookies up by the stick, let them cool on racks completely.
For cut out cookies I roll it out to about 1/4" thick or a little more and bake those 12 minutes at 350. I remove them immediately to cooling racks.

Well, there you have it, my sugar cookie recipe.
Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. you forgot to add the icing recipe.. is it straight royal icing? your cookies always look so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope the glaze is just that, glaze. Powdered Sugar, vanilla and water. About the consistancy of pancake batter. Double dipped and left to dry. Then I decorate with Wilton bottled colors and small tubes of writing icing that I get at Michaels or Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great! I can't wait to make some of these for Eric's unit. They are usually assaulted by some baking product that I make and don't want to keep in the house so I don't eat it. :)

    ReplyDelete