Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

One thing leads to another...and another...

As mentioned in the "Last Antiquing..." blog post, I got a little enamel top cabinet. I have cleaned it up, decided that for now I won't paint it another color and placed it...
 Where this trunk used to be and this trunk is now...
 where this bookshelf used to be and this bookshelf is now...
 where this bookshelf used to be and this bookshelf is now where nothing used to be and that is in the little spare "bedroom" in the basement.
Which puts the little cabinet right here, which is where the trunk used to be...go back to the beginning if you are confused.
Now for the story behind all this. It was Monday morning (yes, the same Monday that Griesers were coming to dinner. WHY do I do stuff like this when I have company coming? I don't know, I just do. I probably need to see someone about this.) Anyway, the trunk contains sets of dishes that I don't use all the time (remember the old fridge and what it used to do? Now the trunk does that.) which makes it very heavy. So in order to move it and place it partway on the carpet I will have to take everything out of it. But first I need to move the solid oak bookshelves that are in the places where I want to put other stuff. So...empty off the bookshelf that I want to move downstairs and think "I can get this, Bryan is busy out in the shed, I can move this through the dining room, into the kitchen, into the hall and down the stairs." So I haul it (SOLID oak, remember?= heavy) to the stairs and go down and slide it down behind me. It catches on a step so, without thinking, I turn around and give a mighty tug, it releases and that results in me backing up very quickly down the last 5 steps before the landing, wedged against the concrete wall on the landing by the bookcase, breathing a sigh of relief that I didn't fall and end up with a bookcase on top of me. Now to navigate the turn and bottom 5 steps. Done. Pushed into place in the basement. 10 trips up and down to put the books back that were on it. Next bookshelf. Back up to the office, remove all the books and stuff off the next bookshelf so I can move it across to the other side. Dust that while I'm at it. Move it over, replace the books, get rid of some stuff that we don't ever use and now for the trunk. Empty it, move it into place, refill it, replace the stuff that sits on top of it. Look at the clock, 3:00 p.m., push the little white cabinet into place and think "Do I really like this here?"...

No comments:

Post a Comment