Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Night of Melodramatics -

Actually, it was labeled "A Night of Awesomeness" on the invitation but Bobbi changed it.
Bryan and I were responsible for a table of 8 people and I could decorate it however I wanted. I chose the theme "It's all fun and games (until someone loses an eye...)" 
 So I decorated with games, game pieces and of course cookies.

 Unfortunately, Jill's grandpa passed away so she and Jake could not join us. I asked Amiah if she wanted to come. Of course she did. Then Bobbi's friend, Aaron, had to work and couldn't come and Bryan's friend, Mark, had a soccer game to go to so...anyway... 
 We had a fun table. Lots of laughing and talking.
 Ben came with Jayme. 
I believe right here Jayme made some comment about me and the blog...hahahaha
 Amiah and I played Yahtzee while we waited for dinner.
 Two lovely ladies.
 Finally! supper. 
 Normally, Amiah doesn't get a lot of candy...but last night I told her "I am not the babysitter tonight, I am a friend and you can eat whatever you want." so while she was eating a sucker she tied her bandana around her neck and said "I'm a bad guy having too much candy." so I handed her a tootsie roll and said "Since you are being the bad guy, here, smoke a cigar!" She hammed it right up.
 Then there was the melodrama which reminded us of "Gospel Bill" a very hokey kids TV show on one of the religious channels. 
But they did a good job and Bobbi and Amiah threw lots of popcorn at the bad guy.
 I had no idea that Amiah covered her face in this until I saw the picture this morning. 
It cracked me up.
This quite possibly is my favorite picture of the night. 
Amiah took my camera and was snapping away. 
She took this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment