Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2016

April 2016

April 4 we set to work putting old barn boards on the living room wall. 
I love the one really red one across the top.
Stand back and make sure it is perfect...
Work like crazy on April 5 to clean it up and put it all back together.
Because the next day Ashley and a group of her friends were coming out for dinner. An indoor picnic.
It was a fun party. And I loved meeting all the ones I had never met.
Amukamaras came up for the spring game at UNL and came out to dinner. It was so nice to finally meet little Miss Paisley. She was busy eating an eggroll.
Prince had switched to Jacksonville Jauguars so I made some cookies for dessert.
Pilar with her cookie 
And Paisley
Poppy decided to lay on Kash and rest a bit.
It is always so good to see them.
Andrea had told me that they would be moving to Kansas City, MO in the summer and it seemed like my own grandkids were moving away. Life was going to change because Boden would start school in the fall but having them move away was a blow. 
I was reading one day and Boden came in with these and gave them to me. 
Ashley, Bobbi and I went to Amiah's volleyball game. She did great. 
****  ****  *****
Here is where life came to a tragic halt and when it started back up again everything was seen through a different lens. As I have already blogged about Letti and her amazing parents I won't go into all that again but I will share a few pictures of this beautiful little life that was, is and will always be such a part of our lives. 

She was perfect and precious. 
To say that this is heartbreaking is an understatement. It has forever changed our family. It is our choice whether it changes us for good or whether it changes us for negative. 
We had her memorial and the balloon release. I love this picture of my parents. Mom makes all the grandkids and great-grandkids these darling elephants.
And this one of them releasing their balloons at the coast.
Ashley went over and released balloons with the kids.

Their little hearts were broken for Bobbi and Travis and also for the little "cousin" they would never meet. 
Ashley told me that Boden stomped around the deck yelling "I HATE HEAVEN!!"  When she asked him why he said "Because heaven got Letti and we didn't." Out of the mouths of babes. 
His sad little face breaks my heart.
April 29 was the memorial but also it was Jayme's 25th birthday. Clear back in December Bryan had given her tickets to go to Phantom of the Opera with him. They went ahead and did that. I was glad they did. 
So honestly, April ended in a flood of tears and hearts that were broken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment