Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2016

November 2015

Ashley's friend, Jill is a teacher at Norris School and directs the dramas there. Her dad, Doug, builds all her sets. This past November they put on Beauty and the Beast. Jill and Doug asked me to come and paint the castle walls to look like stone. It was a fun project to work on with Doug. He did an amazing job designing and building this set. And the kids did a great job.
Jayme had a vision to create a playhouse in their basement so I set about helping her build some things to go into it.
A little farmers market stand.
We celebrated Bobbi's birthday with a family bowling night so I made her a cake that looked like a ball and pin. 


Jayme beat Trey and you can see he is thrilled...
But Trey and Jayme had to give Brayn the trophy because he was the over all winner. Good job, Bryan.
Bobbi and Travis went to Omaha and had a 3D ultrasound and then told us that the baby was a girl. Again hind sight is hard but she is such a part of our lives it would be a disservice to leave her out of my blogging. 
Thanksgiving rolled around and the Hamm's came out to have dinner with us. It was a fun time. 
Ashley and Bryan had found her a ukelele at Walnut, IA. She is teaching herself to play.
Hudson loves to discuss Bigfoot with Bryan and anyone who will listen. The boy on the front of this book looks like 15 year old Bryan. Haha
Another component for the play house. A fabric fire.
Jayme was out for a day and sat by the fire building Legos. We love Legos. 
Ashley was working on a quilt she is sticking.
Bobbi was paying attention to the dogs for me. 
I played lots of games of Chutes and Ladders with Boden last year. Never ending game....
We had a "Ghost and Mr. Chicken" movie party and I made some cookies. It was a fun party.
Boden spent hours at my house playing with this vintage Lego castle set that I found on eBay.
A little chair I made for the playhouse.
I took an old little cabinet I found in Ferne's basement when we cleaned her house out and made it into a little stove and oven for Poppy's playhouse.


It was such a fun project.
This sign hangs in Weston, MO. I really want to buy it....
I was driving to work on icy morning and these 4 decided to cause me to come to a sliding halt...fortunately I got stopped and stayed on the road. These pictures may be a little mixed up but they tell our November story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment