Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bryan in still life and not...

Yesterday afternoon I walked out from the office, where I had been since about 7:00 a.m. working on Esprit tour stuff, and saw this laying on the table just like this. I thought to myself, "That is my husband in still life." and took a picture. The only thing in this picture not Bryan, is the 5 bobby pins laying there. He was working like a maniac (as usual) to repair the lattice around the back patio. All year long, since he built it last summer, he has looked out at it and said, "I need to fix that, maybe if I just..." Then a storm tore off some of the lattice he put on and he was tired of looking at what was crooked, sometimes for the life of me I couldn't see it, but he could, so, he fixed it. The only reason it didn't get torn out last summer as soon as he saw the twisting on the beam is because I kept saying "Maybe it will straighten up as it dries, etc." 

He says there is a little trimming to do and then he is satisfied that it is much better. I am always grateful that I have a husband who can build, create and fix just about anything. (as is witnessed by the girls calls to him about their cars, garbage disposal, etc.) I try not to take that for granted. I have never had a "Honey Do" list. More likely, I need to have a "Honey, Don't Do that project yet, I'm not ready for it" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment