Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

It's a date...

Last night Bryan and I went on a date. We were going to go mini golfing but the heat index was higher than a hot flash in July and well, speaking from personal experience, it would not have been too much fun. So...he suggested wandering around the antique mall. (This is Bryan's go-to activity when other things don't work out.) I said, "I am not feeling too antiquey (yes, I used that word) tonight." So we tried to think of other things that wouldn't kill us with heat stroke and while thinking he was driving. The next thing I know we are outside of A Street Antiques, which really isn't on A Street anymore it is on North 33rd, but there we were. So in we go. I found a cute little dresser and some books. Then we ate supper and he says "We are going to Aardvark Antiques just to check and see if they have the bottle opener we need on our old 7up cooler." "Fine but I am still not feeling antiquey." We walk in and I found this. 
I mean, it was literally on a display in the front entry. Must have. Loved the color and it is super clean and works so... I got it. I am so excited to make dessert down by the fire and crank ice cream while the dessert cooks! Back to the story. We wander around, I find an old belt I like, we keep wandering and finally Bryan says, "Well, shall we go? I'm not seeing anything like an old bottle opener that goes on those old pop coolers." I look down into a glass case and laying right there was an old bottle opener that mounts on a cooler and it was a 7up brand! So, all in all, for a person who wasn't "feeling antiquey" I believe I was the only one that walked away with all the finds. How am I ever going to live that down? 

No comments:

Post a Comment