Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

It all started...

 When I went out to gather the eggs, I realized that it is so gratifying to go out everyday and find 3 eggs in the nest. Such a small thing, but it got me thinking then, about gratitude and do we always demonstrate that. Then that led to thoughts on how we treat others and are treated by them. (did warn you early on that my thoughts may ramble in my blogs) 
Jayme called me crying today (very unusual, she rarely cries anymore) and I had to work to understand what the problem was. Once explained, I had to talk myself out of confronting the other person. (taking my own advice here)
1. Because Jayme is an adult now. 
2. It really isn't in her best interest for me to interfere and it is none of my business. 
3. I would most definitely have said things that could hurt more than help. 
But that didn't change the fact that I wanted to, and ask that other person: Did they feel better about themselves when all was said and done? Did it make them a better person? Did it change anything?
I am sure it didn't. 
So, as I often have say to myself and fail to follow sometimes, I give this advice to anyone who will take it. Stop and think how you treat others. Bite your tongue before you bite their head off. It will not hurt you. But if you don't, it will hurt them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment