Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Killer Chicken Wings...

Jayme called and told me that she and some friends are coming out to hang out and spend the night. I said should I make chicken wings? Then I thought that maybe the rest of you might like to know how. As I have thought about my blog, I have been considering what wisdom I can pass along and really I am only confident in my cooking so... OK, on with the lesson. 
You need one bag of frozen chicken wings, thawed. Pour out the excess liquid from the bag, rinse and pour out that liquid. While they are still in the bag coat them with about 1/4 cup of Fat Boy Sweet Rub (Shown here with the sauce ingredients)
and then pour in about a 1/2 cup of flour and coat them with that. They will be then coated with a sticky flour coating. Dump them into a large bowl and coat them with Panko Bread crumbs. It really needs to be Panko (I am obsessed with Panko Bread Crumbs. They make everything so crispy.)
They should look like this.
Have a pot of oil heated to 375. I use peanut oil and maybe a little Crisco Oil in there too. Just remember when you put the oil in not to fill it too full, because it boils up when you add the chicken and it would be disastrous to have it boil over. 
I am the worst at keeping track of time but I would say 8-10 minutes if you have 5-6 pieces in there. But it should be golden brown and look something like this.
You can keep these warm in the oven. Now for the sauce.
1/2 jar of Smuckers Simply Fruit Apricot
2 tsp. of  Dynasty Potsticker Gyoza
2 Tbsp. Honey
1/2 cup House of Tsang Korean Teriyaki Stir-fry Sauce
2 Tbsp. of A House of Thai Sweet Red Chili Sauce
Mix all this together and gently heat. When you are ready to serve the wings just put them in a large bowl and pour the sauce over them. Stir to coat and then stand back or you may lose a limb in the rush to eat them. 
Hope you enjoy this. I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment