Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Permit to hunt...

I have to say I am pretty excited about this! Getting this applied for and having it is making the prospect of hunting a deer this fall very real. I only have to learn how to shoot the rifle, find a deer willing to be shot and then actually hit the thing. But I feel like it will be a good time. Chan is willing to go along and teach me what to do and that should earn him a medal or something. The thing is, I can take two deer with this permit. One tag is for either buck or doe and one is just a doe tag. I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do with the meat. I am not actually that fond of big game meat, but Roy, the man who owns the land where I am going to hunt, claims that since the deer live off his corn fields the meat is very tender and tasty. We shall see. Maybe we should have a big party and feed everyone off the deer that I kill...that's counting my venison steaks before they are shot I would say. Well, trust me, I will keep you posted and there will be pictures if I kill one.

1 comment:

  1. Make deer jerky...it's the only way it's worth eating. Gooooooood luck.

    ReplyDelete