Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

The Parade...

Yesterday we were in a parade. So when we got to the area where the parade was supposed to start we were a little confused as to where we were supposed to be in the line. So I went seeking information. The young man in the "Parade Official" shirt was very helpful and told me that our group was listed as A14, he shows me on the list. He showed me where that was in the street. So I get all 80 people down to A14. (someone's driveway) He then told me that we were to follow the black car and be in front of the red car. OK. Got it. A few minutes later Carey say's "We are supposed to follow the red car, he's a State Senator. That girl just told me they always go before anyone." Ok, so I tell everyone "follow the red car not the black car." Then I notice the State Senator talking to the girl and waving his arms around and gesturing and saying "How can two groups get assigned to the same spot? I am a State Senator, that's my spot." (Possibly because I didn't see the need to MOVE all 80 people over 15 feet to someone's lawn, just planned to fall into line where we were told) So I go over and say "It really doesn't matter to us where we are in the parade, we will follow the red car, it isn't a problem at all. We are just standing where we were told but we will do whatever." State Senator looks at me introduces himself , and says, "You're in my spot, I am A14, I am a State Senator. You follow me." (He is shorter than me, anyone who knows me well knows what was going through my head. No? Let me help you. "Ok, Napoleon, you're short, get over the complex.") I smile and say "No problem, it doesn't matter to us at all where we are in the parade." He introduces his wife. She shakes my hand and says "Nice to meet you, I hear you are following us, right?" Oh yes, you servants of the public, we will follow you. Oh yeah, Got my vote. I mean, if I cast one that is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment