Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...

Yesterday I took a walk in the early morning. I set out along Pella Road then went north on 82nd to the stop sign and turned east on Princeton Road. As I headed down Princeton Road I came to a farm track about halfway to 96th. I thought to myself that I would take that since it would come out at the east end of our development. So I walked along enjoying the cooler aspect of walking on grass with trees nearby and then it ended...in a harvested winter wheat field. Ok, no problem, I will just walk through that to the development. Well, that ended in a little gully that cut across...so I stepped carefully onto the long grass, all the while thinking "if there is a snake in here or a badger or a rat or a skunk..." And I was feeling quite proud of myself for not hitting any water and just as I thought that...SPLOOSH! my right leg went into water up to my knee and that pitched me forward into the weeds on the bank. I caught myself with my right hand and hurt my wrist (not badly, just jarred it). I can just imagine what the video of that would look like if there was one. So I am thinking "Oh well, the development is just across this gully." NOPE it was still across another field of harvested winter wheat and one more little gully! So now my right foot is sploshing and slipping, my left foot is wet and muddy, my wrist hurts and the winter wheat remains are scratching up my ankles, it's hot, the bugs are biting me, I am sweating and thirsty. I almost did a happy dance when I finally reached our cul de sac. 
The moral of this is that exercise is supposed to be good for you so today I just stuck to the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment